Residuals and Weigh-in #50

I was really torn this morning about my weigh-in. Hence the “frustrated women wanting to smash her scale” picture to the left of your computer screen.

Yesterday I saw an all time low on the scale: 139.8lbs! I’ve been waiting FOREVER to reach the next decade. I was so giddy that I was practically floating around the house all day. Then BAM! This morning…

WI #50 = +1.0 lbs
Total = -49.6 lbs

*smacks head*

I was “this” close to blogging about the weight on the scale from Monday instead of this morning but it just didn’t seem right. I feel like it’s important to be completely honest with myself during this whole weight loss journey and reporting the weight from yesterday would feel like I gave myself a pass for last night. I know me. If I get on that road then it will become too easy to start making excuses for every food centric event, holiday, gathering in my life.

I know it’s just residuals from last night’s (early) Valentine’s Day dinner with my husband. Mmm… tapas at our favorite Spanish restaurant. But geez. It totally sucks to see a gain on the scale that fast. :/

Oh well. It is what it is.

Advertisements

10 responses

  1. It’s some kind of cruel trick of nature that the lowest weight for the week is never seen on WI day. Kudos for being honest with yourself and I bet next week you’ll see those 130s on official WI day.

  2. Grrr. I hate when that happens. I’ve considering making my WI day a flex WI day. It’s either Friday or Saturday depending on which weight I like better. Most of the time I use Saturday because it’s my official WI day but sometimes (very infrequently but still sometimes) I use Friday morning because I just need that mental boost of seeing a loss that week and it will make me more motivated to see less than even that number on the scale the following week (otherwise the next week would be a big gain). Mind games, half the weight loss battle.

    • Flex WI day was kinda what I was debating but I started thinking that I wouldn’t be able to see a consistent picture if it wasn’t on the same day. I totally understand needing a mental boost. Oh the mind games we play…

  3. Good for you for being honest! It’s moments like this that prove just how dedicated you are to making and KEEPING your goal. You are doing fantastic and are such an inspiration.

  4. If it makes you feel better I’ve literally gained and lost 10-15 lbs in one week. It was happening often and it would make me so depressed so I stopped weighing myself because I think that the huge weight jumps and losses are just the way my body works as I don’t really diet ( just try to eat healthy and excersice).

    Happy Valentines day and as Dorrie would say ” just keep swimming?” ( can you tell I’m a mom, lol)

  5. I know what you mean about “seeing that number.” It doesn’t matter what caused it, it sucks. You’re doing great. I think some of the best advice that was given to me was look at it as 80/20. If you’re staying OP 80% of the time, it’s totally OK to enjoy yourself the other 20%. I don’t know about you, but for me it used to be other way around. I was out of control 80% of the time and I would do “ok” 20%. Try to not to beat yourself up.

    • You are SO right Kim. I’m sure a year ago it was more like 20/80. I know I’ve made progress so for that I am proud of myself. Thanks for showing me the bigger picture. :)

Something to say? Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s