Ugh. Where do I start?
There are 10 stages of dieting for me. Maybe they will sound familiar to you too.
1. Denial – I’m not fat. The camera adds 10 lbs. The scale is broken. ✔
2. Depression – I’m so fat. I hate myself. ✔
3. Action – I need to lose weight! I’m joining WW today! ✔
4. On Plan – I’m so motivated! Tracking is a must. ✔
5. Success – I went from a size 18 to a size 6 in 8 months! ✔
6. Self Sabotage – It’s the holidays. It’s a special occasion. One (or 2 or 3) glass(es) of wine can’t hurt! I’m so close to goal that it’s ok to eat some [insert sweets here]. ✔
7. Recognition – Me to scale: What do you mean I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks?? ✔
8. Back On The Wagon – Binging needs to stop. NOW!
9. Gooooooooal & Maintenance – I did it! I feel amazing.
10. Lifestyle change – It’s not a diet. It’s for life.
I feel like I’ve been flip flopping between #6 and #7 for the last 2 weeks. The holidays hit me hard! I can’t seem to get back in the game. I don’t know what to do to keep from the constant snacking. (My latest obsession is yogurt covered pretzels. Bad! *smacks hand*)
I can feel the pounds creeping back up. And it’s breaking my heart.
Question: How do I get to #8?
Staying at #6 is not an option!
PS- I made my Husband throw the last of the yogurt covered pretzels in the trash. I can always count on him to do my dirty work. He’s a good man. ♥