Let’s pretend today is Wednesday.
Let’s pretend since it’s Wednesday (and NOT Thursday), it’s Crock Pot Night at my house!
And since we’re still pretending. Let’s pretend that the BIG OL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE that I ate yesterday is 0 points. Hey! Go big or go home right?
I know that I’ve made lasagna in a crock pot before. The one I made before had more ingredients. That’s why I’m calling this one Version 2. It only has 5 ingredients. (Well 6 if you count the Italian seasoning that I added.) Since I’m STILL sick, less is more right now… especially since my Husband has put his foot down. “NO MORE TAKE OUT CHINESE PLEEEEEEEASE!”
Crock Pot Lasagna v.2
Recipe adapted from The Crock Pot Guys
Makes 6 servings
CB’s changes in red = 8 WW+ points/serving
1 lb. ground beef (I used 96/4 ground beef)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
29-oz. can tomato sauce
8-oz. pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked (I used 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used LF mozzarella cheese)
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese (I used 15oz LF ricotta cheese instead)
1. Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray or line with crockpot liner.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. Drain off drippings. Add Italian seasoning.
3. Stir tomato sauce into meat.
4. Spread one-fourth of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock pot.
5. Arrange one-third of the uncooked noodles over the sauce. (I break them up so they fit better.)
6. Combine the cheeses in a large bowl. Spoon one-third of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat the layers twice.
8. Top with remaining sauce.
9. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
Husband rating: 5/5
He loves lasagna and happily ate his dinner with no complaints!
Wifey rating: 4/5
I love the way my house smells when the lasagna was cooking away in the crock pot. This recipe was really easy for my lasagna fix. I loved the combinations of ricotta and mozzarella. But I think I prefer v1 more b/c it had a wider variety of flavors.