Has it really been 1.5 weeks since I last posted?
Wow. I feel like I’m playing catch up these days. Last week was Husband’s Spring Break so I filled my days with spending time with him, doing chores we kept saying “We’ll do it on Spring Break!” and eating out. Don’t worry! We didn’t eat out everyday. I do have a few new recipes to share: Crockpot Bloody Mary Chicken, General Tso’s Chicken from Rocco DiSpirito and Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice. Hopefully I’ll get those up this weekend.
Just a few updates.
* I’ve lost 3.4 lb since I last wrote. Yay me! That brings my total to -17.4 lbs in 9 weeks. My mini goal was 20lbs by May 12th. (I’m going to the Bahamas for my little brother’s wedding.) Man! I was SO close! But I’m proud of what I’ve done so far.
* I’m down another jean size from an 18 to a 12 now. Granted the 12 is a tad tight but give me another week and I think I will officially be able to say I wear a 12. woot!
* I’m still going strong with C25K. I just completed Week 4 Day 2 this morning. It’s kind of amazing. If you would have told me 9 weeks ago that I’d be running, I would have given you the you’re-cuckoo-complete-with-the-twirling-finger look. I’m also happy to report that Nikki has graduated from the C25K program. And she’s started training for the Boston Marathon 2012. (She’s nucking futs!!) Wow. I wanna be like her when I grow up.
* I finished my 6 week 1x/week Zumba session last night. I’m signing up for another 6 weeks and decided to crank it up to 2x/week. I kind of have a girl crush on my Zumba instructor. She just turned 50 (today!) and has an abso-FRIGGING-lutely amazing body. I swear I thought she was only a little older than me! And I’m 31.
So there’s a few things in a nutshell. Before I go… Check out what I had for breakfast this morning. Tasty and portable!
Happy Cinco De Mayo! I’m thinking a Skinny Margarita is in my future. Ole!
Recipe adapted from Kayln’s Kitchen
Makes 12 servings
CB’s changes in red = 3 points/serving
12 eggs (I used 3 cups egg beaters)
1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (I omitted)
1-2 cups grated low fat cheese (I used 3 cups reduced shredded cheddar cheese)
3 green onions, diced
2 cups steamed broccoli, chopped
Canadian bacon, diced*
* My canadian bacon is sliced very thin so 4 slices=2points Make sure you use the nutritional information on your package to calculate the WW+ points.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a cupcake or muffin pan with PAM or line with cupcake liner.
2. In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, vegetables, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients.
(I added 1/4 cup egg beaters and 1 tbsp of cheddar cheese to each cup, then evenly distributed the broccoli, canadian bacon and green onion to each cup.)
3. Break eggs into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add Spike, and beat well.
4. Stir slightly each cup with a fork. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.
Husband rating: N/A
Wifey rating: 5/5
I’m a sucker for mini edibles that don’t require utensils so I was smitten with these as soon as they came out of the oven. Next time I might add some garlic powder for more flavor and use cupcake liners to make it easier to release from the pan. I ate 2 egg muffins and the rest I put in a ziplock bag to freeze for future breakfasts or… dinner? Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?! Brinner rules!